Like many other Web sites, www.pangealink.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies & Data
- We don’t collect personal information unless it is needed (ex, newsletter)
- We don’t share your personal information except to comply with the law
- We don’t store your personal information on our servers unless it’s required to operate one of our website services (ex, comments)
Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information about you. Any personal information is only collected when you voluntarily provide it, such as providing your email address to subscribe to a newsletter.
- Google Analytics: _ga, _gid and _gat_gtag cookie data kept 26 months
- Campaign Monitor: email address kept until you unsubscribe
- Clean Talk: apbct, ct cookie data used by our anti spam software, ends when the browsing session ends
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
- Disable Cookies in Chrome
- Disable Cookies in Firefox
- Disable Cookies in Safari
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
Pangealink.com does maintain a newsletter which visitors may signup for voluntarily using the subscription form in out footer and at the end of blog posts. To subscribe you must provide your email address via the Campaign Monitor subscription form and confirm subscription using the double-optin form. Pangealink.com does not share this information.
We use Clean Talk on Pangealink.com to help prevent spam. Any comments submitted through this service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives. Click here to learn how your comment data is processed by the Clean Talk service.
Protection of Information
Pangealink.com takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Your Data Rights
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.